Monday, November 8, 2010

First Blog!

Wow... Well, this is my first blog, and as such, I am going to start off with a bang! Actually, no, I'm not. I don't have anything particularly exciting to say at the moment. However, I would like to share something fairly amusing. When I was trying to decide on an appropriate name for this blog, my dear friend, Kelly, suggested, in the spirit of mocking religion, that I call it "The Virgin Mary's Holy Tangent" (Btw, I don't know if you figured it out or not, but that's my actual name: Mary.). As much as I adore this title, I have decided to let a large segment of the population get, at least, past the title of the blog before proceeding to piss them off.

In this blog's description, it says that I won't only rant about random things here, and I won't. Promise. In fact, one of the recurring things I will write is my "Series on Cities," which is basically a series of blogs containing short reviews/ opinions about various important/ big/ interesting cities I've been to. I'll also write about my experiences when I travel, or, at the very least, give you a link to my Travel Pod account.

For those of the literary persuasion, I will also include reviews on some of the books I read, though don't count on there being too many of these during the school year. I find that the 17 books UCLA has assigned me for 3 classes (in a 2.5 month term) make me want to die at the thought of peering at more words on paper. Isn't it sad that school has temporarily (hopefully) crushed my passion for fiction? I think it is truly one of the decade's greatest travesties. For now, you're probably more likely to get movie/ TV show reviews, because sitting passively in front of a TV is pretty easy. Unfortunately, this tends to occur when I should be doing homework. Damn distractions...

Anyway, besides those things, I'll probably just write about random weird/ amusing/ messed up/ exciting things I've seen or experienced. Hope you enjoy it!

~ Marzo

No comments:

Post a Comment